Save the children. Too many suffer and weep. God bless us to be mindful of them, to lift them and guide them as they walk in dangerous paths, to pray for them, to bless them, to love them, to keep them secure until they can run with strength of their own.
~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, June 13, 2011

Les Miserablies...LAME AS A ROD!

That's right I said it. Mike and I went to Les Miserables at the Capital Theater. So not impressed. It was our first time there, and well not worth the money. Les Mis is Mike's favorite book and play so I got him tickets for his birthday. We have been so excited to go. My parents and Russ & Mindy also came with us. They felt the same.

Here we are on the way... looking so hopeful:
And after:

A little blurry on the picture, but yes we were as miserable as we looked. I really wasn't impressed by anything. The singing was mediocre, the seating was fine, the story was hard to follow and the bathroom situation was terrible. The lines were so long that not everyone could get through at intermission. A few of the singers were good, but a few of them, I guess it was the understudies and well no offense to them, but it left a lot to be desired.

Mike and I had seen the play at Pioneer Theater. It was excellent. The Capital Theater cut out all the words. ALL THE WORDS making key points of the story undeveloped. Lucky for me I know the story, but I had to have Mike remind me a few times about what was going on. I guess we are lower class Pioneer Theater people rather then classy Capital Theater people. I don't anticipate returning anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment