Save the children. Too many suffer and weep. God bless us to be mindful of them, to lift them and guide them as they walk in dangerous paths, to pray for them, to bless them, to love them, to keep them secure until they can run with strength of their own.
~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, June 13, 2011

Oh Deer!

My parents have had a very friendly deer roaming around there yard a few times this year. It is not scared of people at all. It was actually at my grandma's house across the road, but it made friends with Mindy and followed her over. I had just gotten out of the shower, so I snuck around the back of the house to take a peek at it. It was hanging out by the willow tree on the side of my parents' house. Yes that is me in the towel, yes that is the deer sniffing me. It walked right up to me and try to lick my ear. It was much closer to my face then the picture shows. I ran back in before it decided to eat my hair... or towel.







We tried to scare it away for quite a long time. It would just look at us and follow us around. Somebody must have been feeding it and perhaps keeping it as a pet. The deer came back to visit a few days later. Unfortunately for it, I wasn't around to sniff. Hopefully it has found the way back to it's friends so the garden doesn't get eaten.


I learned my lesson though. Never look at a deer in a towel. That is to say, when you are in a towel... not the deer. A deer in a towel might be fun to see... me in a towel... not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment